Sneak Peek: Slave of Duty, Coming April 20th
Detective Matt Deaton is hot on the trail of a sadistic serial killer. Convinced the murderer is a Dom, Matt goes to a bondage club to investigate D/s. But his interview of the sexy, commanding Master Stahl takes an unexpected turn, and before Matt realizes what’s happening, he’s agreed to one night of no-holds-barred bondage play at his lakeside cottage.
Things don’t go the way either Matt or his new Master expect. While the few hours of intense erotic pleasure they share give Matt a glimpse into the mind of the savage killer—whom he is determined to stop, at all costs—the unfettered passion it unleashes exposes a danger far more treacherous…to them both.
An Excerpt From: SLAVE OF DUTY
Copyright © TAWNY TAYLOR, 2011
All Rights Reserved, Ellora’s Cave Publishing, Inc.
“Hey,” Amsler said, offering a hand. “Detective Deaton. Good to see you again.”
“Good to see you too.” Matt accepted the proffered hand, gave it a shake, then motioned toward the corridor leading to the private rooms at the rear of the building. “Do you have a few minutes?”
“Sure.” Amsler indicated Matt should follow him. They went to the same room they’d last met in. Amsler closed the door, made himself comfortable on the large leather couch that stretched the length of one wall. “So, what’s up?”
“I’m working on another case.”
The Dom’s expression darkened for a fraction of a moment. “Damn, I thought you’d come for more personal reasons.”
Matt’s face became an instant inferno. “No, not this time. Sorry.”
Amsler merely nodded.
“It’s another murder case. Did you know Seth Wright?”
Amsler set an ankle on his opposite knee and flung an arm over the back of the couch. “Sure. I’ve scened with him once or twice. Is he your victim or your suspect?”
“Damn. Good kid.”
“What do you know about him?”
“Not much. He hasn’t been coming here long. Came by himself every time. Never scened with the same Dom twice. Of course, we have paperwork on him, if you need. Sorry I can’t be of more help.”
“No apologies necessary. I appreciate anything you can give me. If you think of anything else—”
“I’ll give you a call,” Amsler finished for him as they walked out into the narrow corridor.
There was an awkward moment of silence.
“Anything else?” the Dom asked.
“No.” Matt offered Amsler a hand. “Thanks again.”
They shook hands. But the Dom held on a little longer than normal.
“Tell me the truth,” Amsler said.
“About what?” Matt’s body tightened. His breath hitched in his throat.
“Tell me why you keep renewing your membership.” Amsler stepped closer, too close. Not close enough. Matt swallowed a deep breath, drawing in the Dom’s scent. Spicy, masculine, intoxicating. “The truth.”
“The truth is, I don’t know why,” Matt admitted, intentionally standing his ground. Amsler had never been aggressive like this before. Matt’s first instinct was to shove him back and tell him to fuck off. For some reason, he didn’t do it. Instead he leveled his gaze at the Dom. “But that doesn’t matter.”
“Sure it does.” Amsler thrust his arms forward, slamming his hands against the wall behind Matt and caging his head.
“What the hell?” Acting upon instinct, Matt shoved the Dom away. “I’m not one of your subs.”
Undeterred, and wearing a look of iron-will determination, Amsler moved closer again. “I think you might want to be.”
“Fuck off. You don’t know a damn thing about me.” There was no way in hell Matt was going to run from this man. Fuck that. He’d stand his ground and let the Dom know he’d overstepped the line. Once again, Matt lunged forward, this time using his shoulder to send Amsler sailing back into the opposite wall.
“Nice shot.” Amsler straightened up, smiled. “I’ll help you figure it out.”
“Figure what out?” Matt’s fingers curled into tight fists. His heart was thumping heavily in his chest. He was angry. Or was he? A steady throbbing heat was blazing through his groin. His cock was lengthening. The image of Amsler charging him, cupping the back of his head and kissing him sparked a blaze in his blood.
“Help you figure out if you’re really a submissive or just think you are.” As if Amsler had read his mind, he stormed forward, struck Matt hard. Matt stumbled backward against the wall. Amsler curled his fingers into Matt’s hair and before Matt could say or do a damn thing, the Dom’s mouth had captured his.
The air left Matt’s lungs. His head spun. His legs went soft. His heart rate notched up to a deadly speed. He’d known for a long time that he was bi, but since college he’d stuck with dating women. It was safer. Especially considering what he did for a living.
But holy hell. What had he been missing?
The kiss was raw and hard and his balls were so fucking tight. He grabbed fists full of shirt and hauled Amsler closer, but the Dom jerked back.
“I’m the Dom here,” Amsler said. “I’m the one in control.”
Still dizzy from the kiss, Matt straightened, pushing off the wall, which had been supporting him. “I gotta go. Have a case—”
Amsler caught his arm. “Last chance. Do you want to know? Or don’t you?”
Matt didn’t answer right away. He couldn’t. He wasn’t sure what to say. Did he want to know more about D/s? Didn’t he?
No. This was a complication he didn’t need.
And yet…how long had he been wondering?
“Maybe,” he said, still not sure if he could go through with it.
“Maybe isn’t a word in my vocabulary. Yes? Or no?”
“You will call me Master Stahl.” Amsler tipped his head toward the room they’d just left. “This way.”Related Posts
- Guest Blogger: Wynter Daniels talks about the Creativity Well The Creativity Well Where do ideas come from? For many creative people, they do their best work when under tremendous stress. Misery breeds brilliance for some. For me, I work best in times peace and calm in my life. But that is not to say that in times of......
- Do you like free stuff? And do you like Hot, sexy stories? Check this out! BLOODSONG, Book Two Eden Bradley's Midnight Playground series, is out today from Samhain Publishing! You can find it at MBaM, Amazon, and other retail outlets! An ancient vampire, an ancient grief…a love that makes his blood sing… Midnight Playground, Book......
- Unique Book Promotion Ideas While reading one of my fave blogs, I stumbled upon a link to This Article on www.nypost.com. An author named Jennifer Belle hired 40 actresses to sit in public places (within NYC) and laugh out loud while reading her book. It's a very creative idea, and in at least one......
- DARKEST FIRE gets 4 1/2 Stars from RT Book Reviews! I am over-the-moon thrilled to report that DARKEST FIRE received a fabulous review from Jacqui McGugins of RT Book Reviews Magazine. I can't share the entire review with you yet--the review doesn't go live on the RT Book Reviews site until sometime later this month, but I will share a......
- Excerpt: Girl Enslaved [/caption] Jamie Purdue has her vacation all planned out. She’s going to watch movies on Lifetime and do a few odd jobs around her parents’ place. Little does she know that Brad and Logan, two gorgeous acquaintances with to-die-for bodies, have other plans for her. And none of those plans......
- Messianic Prophecy: The Messiah will be at God's right hand: Messianic Prophecy: The Messiah will be at God's right hand: Prophecy: The LORD says to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.” Psalm 110:1 Fulfillment: For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says: ‘THE LORD......
- October 1929 Wall Street Crash Claud Cockburn, writing for the “Times of London” from New-York, described the irrational exuberance that gripped the nation just prior to the Great Depression. As Europe wallowed in post-war malaise, America seemed to have discovered a new economy, the secret of uninterrupted growth and prosperity, the fount of transforming......
- Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard This week in Golf featured the Arnold Palmer Invitational, presented by MasterCard. The tournament was held at the Bay Hill Club and Lodge, located in Orlando Florida. The purse for the tournament was $6 million, with the winner taking home slightly more than $1 million. The tournament featured 500 FedExCup......
- Am I Being Patient Enough? Caring for the elderly requires lots of patience. That's very excruciatingly hard for some of us, especially me. I'm not a patient person by nature, but I'm trying. It's just that I fail so often. Nothing is more difficult for me than to be ready to go somewhere and having......
- The Power of Network Marketing Mark Yarnell was a minister in a small town in Texas. Unfortunately, he was headed for bankruptcy and was just about to lose his car and home. He was looking for a way out and discovered network marketing. Luckily, he had a wise sponsor. His sponsor gave Mark what he......