“Two for play?” One brow arched as he stared at the seemingly innocent mini cupcakes.
An idea sparked. It was so out of character for her, totally irresponsible and spur of the minute, that at first she rejected it. But it clung to her imagination like chocolate ganache—rich, decadent and tempting.
Livvy closed the door behind her. She took the thin clear case from his hands. “It’s a twist on foreplay. Here, let me show you.”
With a flick of her thumb, she popped the plastic top and the thick scent of buttercream wafted upward. His nostrils flared but his eyes never left her face. “Smells sweet.”
“It is. It’s Italian buttercream frosting, so it stays very…smooth and soft. The sugar is heated so it’s like silk on your tongue as it melts.”
John barely glanced at the pastry. “Buttercream. Silk that melts on your tongue. I like the sound of that.”
“You’ll like the taste, too. The heating means it’s very sturdy but it tastes very delicate.”
He lifted his hand and drew his knuckles down the curve of her cheek. Her breath caught. “Sounds… sinful.”
Livvy inched closer and tilted her head. “Want a bite?”
“Devil’s Food or French Vanilla?” The words meant nothing. She was offering him so much more.
“Devil’s Food, of course.” He accepted her offer with a whisper.
His pupils dilated and his tongue skated across his lip. The cake was heaped with a frothy swirl of frosting in snowy white. Slowly, she licked half the frosting off the mini. She held it in her mouth and stepped to him. The sugary cream slipped from her tongue to his.
Drenched in sweetness, his mouth caressed hers. Long after the frosting had melted away, she pulled back and brought the cupcake to her lips. John’s breath deepened as she held half the mini dessert in her mouth. Gripping his neck, she yanked his lips back to hers. A wolfish grin appeared just before he took the dark cake and her kiss in one greedy motion. The shared bite melted with their heat and dissolved with their hunger.
A stray trace of chocolate speckled his lip and Livvy brushed her finger against it. He captured her fingertip, drawing it inside his mouth for a wet caress. A throb began between her legs.
John plucked the remaining mini from the box. He licked half the dark fudge frosting away, curled his arm around her waist and drew her mouth to his. The rich chocolate coated her tongue, flavoring the moan that sprang from her chest. Whatever calories were in the frosting were burned away by his kiss. His sharp teeth pierced the pale cake before the other half touched her lips. A sudden burst of spongy vanilla filled her mouth, mingling with creamy fudge and sizzling John Murphy.
“Two For Play, I like it.” His sugary breath warmed her cheek.
“We’re not done yet.”
She lifted the carton. In a third compartment, generous ruffles of chocolate and vanilla circled each other in an erotic blend. His gaze followed as she dipped one finger in the frosting and brought it to her tongue.
“Can I tempt you into a taste of sin, Murphy?”
She’s made for sin. Sin is something he knows intimately.
John Murphy is tormented by nightmares. A bestselling young-adult author, he writes the ultimate fantasy: stories where good always triumphs. He knows better. His past has shown him the worst in people—and in himself. When he moves next door to the sexy, vibrant Livvy—a woman completely unlike his usual one-night stands—he’s driven to explore every curve of her delicious body.
Pastry chef Livvy knows that giving in to the temptation that is John Murphy won’t lead to anything permanent, but she deserves a passionate summer fling. John discovers she’s as sweet as the confections she bakes while Livvy slowly unravels his secrets. But what will happen when she uncovers them all?
Inez Kelley is a multi-published author of various romance genres. You can visit her at her website My linkRelated Posts
- What a Wonderful Surprise! I have a new paperback book in print! Squeeeeeee!!!! Everlasting Twilight (Two books in one) By: Tawny Taylor (Read Excerpt) E-mail this product to a friend Everlasting Hunger Raine Avery needs a job. Badly. When she hears about a primo position, she’s willing to overlook a few rumors about the......
- Fresh Meat! Amy Redwood is a new author in Ellora's Cave's stable. Sinful Intentions, a novel-length paranormal romance set in sunny New Zealand, is her first release. The cover's working for me...and the blurb... A jilted bride, a wolfishly sexy stranger, one sinful attraction under New Zealand’s sun. When Katherine finds out......
- Writing Contests: The Golden Claddagh (romance fiction) Forwarded with permission: Enter Celtic Hearts Romance Writers Chapter contest The Golden Claddagh! Don't let our chapter name dissuade you, your entry does not have to be Celtic based to enter, unless you enter our Celtic Category. We have six categories, Historical, FF & P, Romantic Suspense, Celtic, Contemporary &......
- Job Opportunity: Marketing Director AudioLark Audio Books and its erotic division AudioMinx published over 70 romance audio books in its first year. Our audio books are available through our own websites and through Audible.com, Amazon, iTunes, Barnes and Noble, BooksAMillion and libraries across North America. Now expanding into ebooks and other fiction genres......
- Lust's Temptation Cover One thing I appreciate, as both a reader and writer, is when a publisher's art department creates the covers of books in series with some kind of cohesive theme (color/font/subject) in mind. And so, I was pleased when I saw the cover for Lust's Temptation for the first time. However,......
- Prophecies of the Messiah in the book of Isaiah: Prophecies of the Messiah in the book of Isaiah 6:9-10, 7:14, 8:14, 9:1-2, 9:6-7, 9:7, 9:7, 11:1-2, 11:10, 11:10, 22:22, 25:8, 28:16, 35:5-6, 40:3-5, 42:1-4, 45:23, 49:6, 50:6, 50:6, 53:1, 53:3, 53:4-5, 53:7-8, 53:9, 53:9, 53:12, 55:3, 55:3, 59:20-21, 60:1-3, 61:1-2, 65:1, 65:2 1. Messianic Prophecy: Hearts will be closed......
- Nightmare on Main Street! It’s causing quite a stir, and keeping people awake at night. Some are fearful, some are confused, and many are downright angry. It’s the government’s universal healthcare plan that promises to transform America like no other single piece of legislation before. So what is all the commotion about? It’s time......
- My Life in and Out of the Rough (The truth behind all that bull**** you think you know about me) - John Daly with Glen Waggoner Out of all the characters the game of golf has produced, few are as vitriolic or misunderstood as John Daly. Many have compared the man to a car wreck, it's simply impossible to want to turn away. Luckily, his book has the same effect on the reader and this is......
- Musician Profile for Mstislav Rostropovich Mstislav Rostropovich was born on March 27, 1927 and died on April 27, 2007. He is known as one of the most influential cellists in history. From 1977 until 1994, he was musical director and conductor of the U.S. National Symphony Orchestra in Washington, DC, while still performing with some......