~Some Like It Hot~
Writing Contest (2)
Starting October 25th, 2010, I will be hosting a writing contest!
The final judge is an editor from Ellora’s Cave.
The Prizes? Read on!
All SubGenres of erotic romance accepted, including:
*You may submit one chapter–not to exceed 5000 words. Stories must be complete and unpublished.
*Each Monday, two stories will be selected by an Ellora’s Cave editor who is actively acquiring. At the end, six weekly winning authors will submit a partial (first three chapters, last chapter and synopsis) to the final judge for ranking.
The first place winner will receive …
A critique of the full winning manuscript by EC editor Grace Bradley!
The second place winner will receive…
A critique of the partial manuscript by EC editor Grace Bradley (first three chapters, last and synop).
The third place winner will receive…
A critique of the first chapter.
*Starting Date: October 25th 2010
(Submissions received between 12:00 am October 25th and 11:59 pm October 29th will be considered for round one. Submissions received between 12:00am Oct. 30 and 11:59 pm November 5th will be considered for round two. And submissions received between 12:00am November 6th and 11:59 November 12th will be considered for round three.)
*Weekly Finalists Announced on November 1, 2010, November 8, 2010 and November 15, 2010.
*Last Finalist Announced: November 15, 2010
*Entries will be accepted until 11:59 pm November 12, 2010
*NO Entry Fee or purchase necessary to win
*Please send entries to email@example.com. A one-page synopsis may be included along with genre, word count, and your name and contact information.
*For any questions, email Tawny (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This contest is open to both unpublished and published authors of erotic romance fiction. All entries shall be the author’s original work and not contracted for publication prior to the entry deadline. (Authors currently published with Ellora’s Cave are not eligible to enter.)
All entries must be received between 12:00 am October 25th and 11:59pm November 12th (Eastern U.S. Timezone).
Entries must be between 7,000 and 125,000 words long (actual/computer wordcount). All entries will be accepted in electronic (e-mail) submissions only. If you have problems sending electronically, please email the coordinator (email@example.com).
Each electronic entry should include:
One (1) copy of the first chapter of your manuscript (5000 words maximum) and 1-page synopsis (single spaced is acceptable, but please, keep the font at 12pt or larger). Total entry must be in one file; synopsis can go at the beginning or end of an entry.
Name and contact information must be listed in the body of the e-mail.
You will get a confirmation of the arrival of your entry. If you do not receive a confirmation within two days of sending, please e-mail the coordinator to ask if it was received. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Entries should be received in RTF (rich text format) files only.
Please enter a story only once. Authors may enter more than one story, but only one per week. Please keep in mind, the book must be finished.
First Round: The first round will be judged by Grace Bradley
The scores/scoresheets will NOT be returned to entrants. Entries will be judged on the following: plot, pacing, characterization, genre appropriateness, narration, dialogue, writing mechanics and originality.
Weekly winners will advance to the final round.
The finalists will be asked to send the first three chapters, last chapter and synopsis to the coordinator by 11:59 pm November 19th, 2010 for final judging.
The winner of the grand prize will be announced on November 29th, 2010.
The first round finalists will be announced weekly on Tawny’s blog (www.tawnytaylor.net) and facebook page, the last one on November 15th, 2010.
One entry will be selected each week by random drawing to received a detailed critique by an author published with Ellora’s Cave. The weekly random drawing winner will also by announced on Tawny’s website and blog.
Understand that by entering you are stating that:
1. You have read, understand and agree to abide by the rules of the Some Like it Hot writing competition.
2. You understand that contest judging is subjective, and that the decisions of the judges will be final.
3. You agree to be bound by the judges’ decisions and by the contest officials’ decisions, regarding any question or dispute arising from or relating to the contest, the interpretation of official rules, and any other matters relating to the contest, not specifically covered by the official rules.
4. In the event of any dispute arising from or relating to this contest, you agree to defend and hold harmless Ellora’s Cave, Tawny Taylor, contest personnel, and judges from any and all liability.
You understand that failure to agree to the above terms automatically disqualifies your entry.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS.
Finally, please understand Ellora’s Cave publishes Erotic Romance. If you have questions about what is appropriate material to submit, see the submissions guidelines at: http://www.jasminejade.com/t-writerscircle.aspx
While no purchase is required to enter or win, I suggest anyone wishing to enter Tawny’s Some Like It Hot writing contest read books published by Ellora’s Cave.
Good luck and Good Writing!
- Sneak Peek: Slave of Duty, Coming April 20th Detective Matt Deaton is hot on the trail of a sadistic serial killer. Convinced the murderer is a Dom, Matt goes to a bondage club to investigate D/s. But his interview of the sexy, commanding Master Stahl takes an unexpected turn, and before Matt realizes what’s happening, he’s agreed......
- Win $100 Gift Card! Hello everyone! My book, DARKEST FIRE, officially releases March 29--in exactly 11 days. I need to create some buzz. This is where the gift card comes in. I'm holding a contest and the grand prize is a $100 GIFT CARD from Amazon, B&N OR Borders (winner's choice). Five randomly selected......
- Announcing...The Some Like it Hot Writing Contest (2)! ~Some Like It Hot~ Writing Contest (2) Starting October 25th, 2010, I will be hosting a writing contest! The final judge is an editor from Ellora’s Cave. The Prizes? Read on! All SubGenres of erotic romance accepted, including: ~Contemporary~Fantasy~Futuristic~ Shapeshifter/Vampire~BDSM~ *You may submit one chapter--not to exceed 5000 words. Stories......
- Writing Conference: NJRW Put Your Heart in a Book Join us at the 2010 NJRW Put Your Heart In A Book Conference! Boost your Creativity and your Career! October 22-23, 2010 Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, Iselin, NJ Registration begins June 15th! Sharon Sala: Keynote Speaker Robyn Carr: Luncheon Speaker Leanne Banks: Special Presentation (* For first 100 registrants) Bob Mayer:......
- The Cheapskate's Guide to Promoting Ebooks Recently, a newly published author posted a question about promoting her ebook on one of my fave writing forums, Romance Divas. I could tell from her post that she was completely overwhelmed and intimidated by the prospect of promoting her upcoming release. Making matters worse, her publisher asked her to......
- Prairie Eco-Thrifter has been Featured in Three Carnivals Many thanks to SB at One Cent at a Time for including Latisha's post Going Green on a Budget in this week's Yakezie Carnival. Thanks to Tom at Canadian Finance Blog for including my post Growth of Sustainable Finance to Support the Environment in this week's Canadian Finance Carnival. And......
- First Ever Contest - Grand Prize valued at Over $200 Many personal finance sites run contests and giveaways to give something back to their readers. I've been hesitant to do this for three major reasons: I'm extraordinarily stingy I hate to put something in the mail system without a name and return address. At the same time, I don't want......
- March Giveaway: TWO 32 Gigabyte Apple iPad 2's For our last giveaway of this kind, we're going out with a bang. For MARCH ONLY, you could win one of two iPad 2 32GB Wifi-only models (iPad 2 release date March 11). As is the case with all monthly giveaways, the first step to entering the contest is becoming......
- Blog Visitor Retention Today, having a blog on the internet is just about as common as having an e-mail address. E-mailing and blogging actually share a number of the same purposes, such as that they are allowed to spread ideas, provide people with information and to promote online businesses. Blogs originally served, however,......
- Get Paid for Fish Stories Did you catch a whopper and want to tell the world about it? Want to make $100 in the form of an Amazon.com gift certificate? (It doesn't have to be a recent catch.) Each winner of a SFBoater Trophy Catch Jackpot will be receive a $100 Amazon Gift card. Each......